Private Client ServicesView new
REALTOR.ca!Not a member yet? Sign up now
for access to real-time REALTOR.ca listings.
Join Mike’s Insider List!
Learn about New Presale Condos BEFORE Anyone Else! Get Early Access to Insider Sales! Keep current with Special Promotions on New Developments!
Social Media Bar
Mike’s Real Estate Listings
2038 Stephens | Character Home | Basement Suite | Kitsilano | Vancouver West
This property SOLD on May 13th, 2013 for $1,578,000. Contact Mike for all the details: 604-763-3136. The classic Kits character home has a full width front porch and a second flr covered bal... View Listing Details
103-33 North Templeton | MASSIVE Patio! | East Hastings Real Estate | Vancouver East Condo
SNEAK PEAK on: Friday, May 17th from 5:30-6:00PM. Open House on Saturday, May 18th & Sunday, May 19th from 2:00-4:00PM. ALL OTHER SHOWINGS RESTRICTED to Tuesday, May 21st &... View Listing Details
309-27 Alexander | The Alexis | Heritage Loft Apartment | Gastown | Downtown Vancouver
Open House on Saturday and Sunday, May 18th & 19th from 2:30-4:30PM. Call Mike to confirm an Open House or to schedule a private showing: 604-763-3136. Welcome Home to 18' ceil... View Listing Details
414-1040 Pacific Street | Chelsea Terrace | West End Condo
Open House on Sunday, May 19th from 4:00-6:00PM. Call Mike to confirm an Open House or to schedule an appointment for a private showing. PRICE DROP! Welcome home to this immaculate suite at the solid Chelsea ... View Listing Details
202-3089 Oak Street | The Oaks | Fairview | Vancouver West
This Property SOLD on May 3, 2013 for $450K. Call Mike for more details: 604-763-3136. Enjoy a HUGE 520sf North facing patio at the Oaks in Fairview. This bright, private and quiet suite DOES NOT face Oak Str... View Listing Details
401-1238 Homer Street | Grafton | Yaletown Condo | Downtown Vancouver
Open House on Sunday, May 19th from 12NOON-2:00PM. Call Mike at 604-763-3136 to confirm an Open House or to schedule and appointment for a private showing. Reduced to Sell! Welcome to the Grafton,... View Listing Details
1909-5288 Melbourne Street | Collingwood | Vancouver Condo
Call Mike to Confirm an Open House or to Schedule an Appointment for a Private Showing. Price Reduced! Welcome home to expansive and unobstructed views of the North Shore Mountains at Emerald Park Place Sub-... View Listing Details
404-3161 West 4th Avenue | BRIDGEWATER | Kitsilano
Open House on Saturday, May 18th from 2:00-4:00PM. Call Mike (604)763-3136 to confirm an Open House or to schedule an appointment to view privately. New Price! Welcome home to 10’ ceilings and a bright southern exposure and 2 parking stalls at the Bridge... View Listing Details
112-3770 Manor Street | Cascade West | Burnaby North
This Property SOLD on May 3rd, 2013 for $315K. For all the details, call Mike at 604-763-3136. Welcome home to a gorgeous bright and quiet corner suite with a very large patio opening onto a large secluded garden area at Cascade West in... View Listing Details
- 1033 Marinaside Crescent Condo
- 1067 Marinaside Crescent Condo
- 1082 Seymour Street Condo
- 1372 Seymour Street: The Mark
- 821 Cambie Street Condo
- 1438 Richards Street Condo
- 1040 Pacific Street Condo
- Vancouver West Side Real Estate
- Vancouver Real Estate Team
- Vancouver Real Estate Advisors
- West Vancouver Home Search
- Chinatown Presale Condos
- Contract of Purchase and Sale | BC Real Estate Offers Explained!
- Downtown Vancouver Pre Sales
- Expired Listings in Vancouver Explained!
- Fairview Pre Sale Condos
- First Time Home Buyers Advice for Vancouver
- For Buyers
- For Sellers
- How To Buy a Pre Sale Condo in Vancouver
- How to Sell a Revenue Property in Vancouver
- How To Sell A Vancouver Condo
- Kitsilano Presale Condos
- MLS Listings
- Mount Pleasant Pre Sale Condos
- New Vancouver Condos
- Real Estate and Mortgage Calculators
- Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) Monthly Sales Statistics
- Southeast False Creek Presale Condos
- Taxes on Real Estate in Vancouver
- Vancouver Condo Pre-Sales
- Vancouver Condos I Like
- Vancouver Real Estate and Mortgage Financing
- Vancouver Real Estate and Taxation
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- August 2008
Monthly Archives: March 2009
View in HD Download 720p HD Version Visit Mike Stewart’s ExposureRoom Videos Page
I saw this great animation about the Credit Crisis and I thought I’d share it. Its by Jonathan Jarvis as part of his thesis work in the Media Design Program, a graduate studio at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California.
What do you think?
View in HD Download 720p Version Visit Mike Stewart’s ExposureRoom Videos Page
Homelessness is huge in Downtown Vancouver and is caused by a lack of funding for social housing and facilities/treatment for the addicted and the mentally ill. Changes in building codes and slum clearance have also reduced the stock of affordable housing in Vancouver over the last 40 years.
It is possible to make homelessness disappear in Vancouver.
To do this we need to spend money. We need to increase funding for the mentally ill and addicted and create or rehabilitate facilities house and treat these people.
People are not homeless choice. Most of the hardcore homeless have serious addiction and mental illness issues and would have been institutionalised in years gone by.
These people cannot look after themselves let alone properly house or feed themselves. Governments along with NGO’s and charitable bodies should be given resources to house and treat these people. This would be a great way to spend some of the stimulus money supposedly coming out of Ottawa and Victoria
Homelessness isn’t cheap either. Hard core addicts need to feed their habit which can cost hundreds of dollars a day. Vancouver has recently been ranked the break-in capital of North America with per capita break ins higher than New York or Detroit.
Reduced policing costs, insurance costs, and security costs can go a long way to offset the increased costs of housing and treating the homeless.
Wikipedia has a great article on homelessness in Canada that will provide great context to this post.
Please leave a comment and have your say!
Always get a Home Inspection by A Qualified Registered Home Inspector when you buy Real Estate in Vancouver
View in HD Download 720p HD Version Visit Mike Stewart’s ExposureRoom Videos Page
If you’re going to buy property in Vancouver ALWAYS GET A BUILDING INSPECTION BY A REGISTERED AND QUALIFIED BUILDING INSPECTOR!
Don’t use you Dad’s buddy who used to be a plumber in the 70′s, don’t use your brother-in-law who’s into tools! Hire a professional, its the best cheapest insurance you can get when buying property in Vancouver.
Important Facts about Home Inspectors:
- All Home Inspectors in BC have to be licensed and insured as of March 31 2009. Make sure the person you are working with is licensed and insured by calling the BPCPA Inquiry Centre Toll Free: 1-888-564-9963
- A Home Inspection should cost you between $350-500 and should take about 2-4 hours to complete.
- For condos a Home Inspector should check the suite and the entire building. Within the suite, the Inspector should check the plumbing, the electrical system, the walls, the windows, the flooring, and pretty much everything that is not furniture and personal belongings. Many inspectors DO NOT check appliances. The Home Inspector should check the roof, the building envelope, the parking garage, the lobby, the amenities, the mechanical rooms and any other areas they have access to.
- For houses a Home Inspector should check the roof, the attic, the exterior cladding, the plumbing, the electrical system, the walls, the windows, the flooring, and pretty much everything that is not furniture and personal belongings. Many inspectors DO NOT check appliances.
- Check out the Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors site to learn more about Home Inspectors and what they do.
If you have any questions about Home Inspectors feel free to drop me a line!
Here are some Home Inspectors I like:
Charlie Perkins with Cornerstone Building Inspections 6046186870
Douville Building Inspections 6046264887
James Dobney 6049428272