Private Client ServicesView new
REALTOR.ca!Not a member yet? Sign up now
for access to real-time REALTOR.ca listings.
Join Mike’s Insider List!
Learn about New Presale Condos BEFORE Anyone Else! Get Early Access to Insider Sales! Keep current with Special Promotions on New Developments!
Social Media Bar
Mike’s Real Estate Listings
2038 Stephens | Character Home | Basement Suite | Kitsilano | Vancouver West
This property SOLD on May 13th, 2013 for $1,578,000. Contact Mike for all the details: 604-763-3136. The classic Kits character home has a full width front porch and a second flr covered bal... View Listing Details
309-27 Alexander | The Alexis | Heritage Loft Apartment | Gastown | Downtown Vancouver
Open House on Saturday and Sunday, May 26th & 27th from 2:30-4:30PM. Call Mike to confirm an Open House or to schedule a private showing: 604-763-3136. Welcome Home to 18' ceil... View Listing Details
414-1040 Pacific Street | Chelsea Terrace | West End Condo
Call Mike to confirm an Open House or to schedule an appointment for a private showing. PRICE DROP! Welcome home to this immaculate suite at the solid Chelsea Terrace!: Centrally located and just steps to the... View Listing Details
202-3089 Oak Street | The Oaks | Fairview | Vancouver West
This Property SOLD on May 3, 2013 for $450K. Call Mike for more details: 604-763-3136. Enjoy a HUGE 520sf North facing patio at the Oaks in Fairview. This bright, private and quiet suite DOES NOT face Oak Str... View Listing Details
401-1238 Homer Street | Grafton | Yaletown Condo | Downtown Vancouver
Open House on Saturday, May 25th from 1:00-4:00PM and Sunday, May 26th from 2:00-4:00PM. Call Mike at 604-763-3136 to confirm an Open House or to schedule and appointment for a private showing. Re... View Listing Details
1909-5288 Melbourne Street | Collingwood | Vancouver Condo
Call Mike to Confirm an Open House or to Schedule an Appointment for a Private Showing. Price Reduced! Welcome home to expansive and unobstructed views of the North Shore Mountains at Emerald Park Place Sub-... View Listing Details
404-3161 West 4th Avenue | BRIDGEWATER | Kitsilano
Open House on Saturday & Sunday, May 25th & 26th from 2:00-4:00PM. Call Mike (604)763-3136 to confirm an Open House or to schedule an appointment to view privately. New Price! Welcome home to 10’ ceilings and a bright southern exposure and 2 park... View Listing Details
112-3770 Manor Street | Cascade West | Burnaby North
This Property SOLD on May 3rd, 2013 for $315K. For all the details, call Mike at 604-763-3136. Welcome home to a gorgeous bright and quiet corner suite with a very large patio opening onto a large secluded garden area at Cascade West in... View Listing Details
- 1033 Marinaside Crescent Condo
- 1067 Marinaside Crescent Condo
- 1082 Seymour Street Condo
- 1372 Seymour Street: The Mark
- 821 Cambie Street Condo
- 1438 Richards Street Condo
- 1040 Pacific Street Condo
- Vancouver West Side Real Estate
- Vancouver Real Estate Team
- Vancouver Real Estate Advisors
- West Vancouver Home Search
- Chinatown Presale Condos
- Contract of Purchase and Sale | BC Real Estate Offers Explained!
- Downtown Vancouver Pre Sales
- Expired Listings in Vancouver Explained!
- Fairview Pre Sale Condos
- First Time Home Buyers Advice for Vancouver
- For Buyers
- For Sellers
- How To Buy a Pre Sale Condo in Vancouver
- How to Sell a Revenue Property in Vancouver
- How To Sell A Vancouver Condo
- Kitsilano Presale Condos
- MLS Listings
- Mount Pleasant Pre Sale Condos
- New Vancouver Condos
- Real Estate and Mortgage Calculators
- Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) Monthly Sales Statistics
- Southeast False Creek Presale Condos
- Taxes on Real Estate in Vancouver
- Vancouver Condo Pre-Sales
- Vancouver Condos I Like
- Vancouver Real Estate and Mortgage Financing
- Vancouver Real Estate and Taxation
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- August 2008
Monthly Archives: April 2009
Selling A Tenanted Property in Vancouver? Being Nice can Save you Money, Hassle, and Time!
Selling tenanted properties in BC can be tricky and if done wrong, very expensive. Your tenants have been supporting your investment and helping you pay off your mortgage. Treat them like a partner when selling and it will save you money and stress.
3 WAYS TO KEEP YOUR TENANTS HAPPY!
1) Treat tenants courteously and professionally One of the best ways to to keep your costs down and stress levels low is to ensure a good and professional relationship with your tenants. Remember the “Golden Rule“? People tend to reciprocate good behaviour, so be nice. When you’re selling you want to have your tenants onside so they will be willing to show the suite and cooperating with the marketing and sale. A suite that is shown to more people will get higher offers.
2) Give them plenty of notice you’re selling (several months) Let them know your plans are so your tenants can plan accordingly AND prepare your suite for sale. A clean, tidy, and uncluttered suite takes time to prepare and tends to sell for more money sooner.
3) Keep them in the Loop People like to know whats going on with their home. If they know whats going on they are much happier and cooperative than if they don’t. ALSO they might be interested in buying the suite themselves. Good way to save even more money!
Unhappy and non-cooperative tenants will cost you money and stress you out. They have the BC Residential Tenancy Branch that is very good at making your life miserable as a Landlord if you treat your tenants badly.
So remember, be nice!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this in the form of a comment!
Looking for Advice on Selling a Condo in Vancouver? Check out these series of Videos on How to Sell Your Condo in Vancouver!
Researching Presale Condo Investments? Check out these Videos on Vancouver Presale Condos!
The “Working with a Realtor” brochure is one of the most misunderstood documents I work with.
Some people think that by signing this document they are committing to work FOREVER with the Realtor who got them to sign it. THIS IS NOT THE CASE!
The “Working with a Realtor” brochure is simply a signed confirmation the Realtor has explained the Agency Relationship to the client.
By signing this brochure, the client is NOT BOUND TO THE REALTOR. It is simply a signed disclosure that the client has had their rights in the Agency Relationship explained as well as the Realtors obligations and responsibilities to the client in this relationship. Nothing more.
The Agency Relationship is as follows:
1) Undivided loyalty. The Brokerage must protect the principal’s
negotiating position at all times, and disclose all known facts
which may affect or influence the principal’s decision.
2) To obey all lawful instructions of the principal.
3) An obligation to keep the confidences of the principal.
4) To exercise reasonable care and skill in performing all assigned
5) To account for all money and property placed in an Brokerage’s
hands while acting for the principal.
If you feel your Realtor is not following these rules bring it to their attention. If this doesn’t work, speak to their manager.
Here’s a copy of the Working With a Realtor Brochure:
Working With a Realtor by Mike Stewart Vancouver Real Estate Agent
Please leave a comment, I’d love to hear your thoughts and questions!