Vancouver Condo Buildings I Like!
The Freesia at 1082 Seymour Street in Downtown Vancouver.
This is the first in a series of video blog posts on Vancouver Condos I Like.
The Freesia at 1082 Seymour Street is a personal favourite of mine. I like it so much that I even built an entire website dedicated to 1082 Seymour Street, complete with Listings, Floor Plans, and Strata Information.
Why Do I Like 1082 Seymour Street?
- The Developer – I started selling at the Freesia when the building completed in the summer of 2006 and I was extremely impressed with the attitude of the Developer of the building. The Developer, Magellan 20/20 took a keen interest in the building after it completed, how it was run and most importantly how the suites were faring the in the real estate market. Members of the developers family actually lived in the building and were available to answer questions and they stood behind the product.
- Quality & Design – 1082 Seymour Street, at the time of writing, has had not major problems and has been wearing very well and I think that can be attributed to the attention to detail and quality on the part of the development team. Furthermore the interior finishings and appliances are high quality yet relatively inexpensive to repair and easily sourced.
- The Location – The Freesia is located at the corner of Seymour and Helmcken Street and is two blocks from the centre of Old Yaletown and a block from the Granville Street Entertainment district. Nesters Market is a block away at Smithe and Seymour and Choices is two blocks away at Richards and Davie and the retail options in Yaletown and all over Downtown are the best in the Lower Mainland. For pet owners, the location is great as well. Emery Barnes Park, which has a great doggy park is a half a block away.
View Larger Map
- Investor Friendliness – The Freesia was originally designed for first time home buyers and real estate investors and this attitude has been continued by the present Strata Council and Management Company. The building common areas are always clean, neat, and in a good state of repair. Rentals are encouraged and supported.
- The Concierge – The Concierge at 1082 Seymour are available 24 hours a day and are a professional, helpful, and friendly team. The Concierge is great for building security as they are constantly patrolling the building and monitoring the security cameras. They also can accept and hand out suite keys as well as handle deliveries and service people on behalf of building residents (No more spending the day waiting for the cable guy!). For Investors, an extra set of eyes on their rental properties allows them to know if they have bad tenants sooner and if a tenant needs something, very often the Concierge can deal with it. In my opinion, this makes the building about as good as it gets for both owner occupier and rental properties in Vancouver.
- Simplicity – For investors and cost conscious owner occupiers the simplicity of the Freesia should mean low cost ownership going forward. This is due to the lack of a pool, sauna, and hot tub, etc which are expensive to run and maintain as well as to fix when they inevitably break down
I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on the Freesia at 1082 Seymour Street below.
Thinking of Selling at the Freesia? Check out these Great Videos on How to Sell a Condo in Downtown Vancouver!
First Time Buyer and thinking of Buying at the Freesia? Check out these Great Videos for New Buyers in Vancouver!