a third tower incorporating office and retail space
7-storey podium featuring retail, amenity and office space
Double height lobby
sculptural curving glass facade
inspired by design and sustainability excellence
Skyfront at Burrard Place
• 60-storey skyscraper with sweeping views of English Bay,the North Shore Mountains and the Downtown Skyline. Floors 31-60 feature unobstructed views in all directions
• Retail and commercial components feature flagship Toyota Downtown dealership, office tower and convenient shops and services, including boutique
Tower One at Burrard Place will forever change the Downtown Vancouver skyline. Designed by internationally recognized architecture firm IBI Group, the 60-storey skyscraper rising from the corner of Hornby and Drake will be a stunning addition to the city’s world-renowned architecture. And with the sophisticated luxury of the interiors by the Ofice of Mcfarlane Biggar, Burrard Place delivers a lifestyle experience that surrounds you with features and amenities that will define a new standard for downtown living.
• Six high-speed elevators
• Designed to LEED GOLD environmental performance standards
• All homes have open air patio or balcony opening on to downtown, mountain and water views
• All homes and common areas feature energy efficient heating and air conditioning
• Dramatic double-height lobby with public art and reflecting pool water-feature at entry
grocer and coffee shop
• Furnished guest suite
• Caretaker suite
• Secured underground parking and storage lockers (most homes)
• Keyless entry to elevators and restricted floor-to-floor access
• Protected by Travelers 2-5-10 New Home Warranty
INTERIORS – KITCHENS – BATHROOMS
• Interior design b yMichelle Biggar of the award-winning Office of Mcfarlane Biggar
• Choose between two refined colour palettes – Beach (Light) & Boulevard (Dark)
• Wide selection of studio,one-,two-and three-bedroom homes
• Elegant engineered hardwood flooring throughout living, dining and bedroom areas
• Custom closet millwork
• USB ports inconvenient locations
• Expansive,floor-to-ceiling energy eficient windows
• Contemporary rollerblinds
• Bosch front-loading stacking or side-by-side washer and dryer (depending on plan)
• Individually controlled heating and cooling system for year-round comfort
• Pre-wired for state-of-the-art home security systems
• Italian design custom wood veneer kitchens with lacquer accent cabinets featuring soft close stops and under cabinet lighting
• Custom kitchen islands in most homes
• Fully integrated Gaggenau appliance package that includes:
– Energy and water-eficient ultra-quiet dishwasher
– Speed oven that combines convection, microwave and grill all in one appliance
– Professional-grade four or five burner gas cook top
– Integrated bottom-freezer refrigerator
• Integrated hood fan
• Luxurious polished stone slab counter tops and full height back splash
• European styled chrome faucet and large single-basin undermount stainless steel sink
• Italian design custom wood veneer cantilevered cabinets in main bathrooms
• Medicine cabinets in bathroom with ample storage space.
• Stone counter tops and undermount sinks pair classic materials with a modern finish
• Luxurious stone and marble throughout including tub aprons, floors and feature walls
• Frameless glass showers in most plans
• Wall-mounted toilets
• European styled chrome fixtures and accessories
Currently in preconstruction phase, the proposed three towers of the Burrard Gateway condominium development will provide a memorable welcome to the downtown as the project’s curved facade is first glimpsed from the crest of the Burrard Bridge.
I recently had some clients who were particularly concerned about Asbestos in homes in Vancouver and I was fortunate enough to have Dave Brighton from meet with us to answer a few questions on the topic. What is Asbestos?
Asbestos is a mineral that was widely and commonly used worldwide in insulating products and other housing materials since the early 1900’s. In the 1970’s & 80’s it became widely known to be a highly toxic product that has resulted in this product being banned for most consumer uses.
How common is Asbestos in Houses and What areas does it show up?
Asbestos is a very common product. It was used in the 1920s right up until the mid-1980s. Its usually found in houses built before the 1980’s around the duct work, piping, and venting of heating systems or often in the form of the insulation in a product called Vermiculite. It can also be a lot of other places such as in flooring tiles, shingles, drywall mud, and ceiling coatings.
A large portion of the houses in Vancouver were built before the 1980’s, so there is a very good chance if you are looking for an older home in Vancouver you will come across or will have to deal with Asbestos.
Spring months bring balance to Greater Vancouver housing market
While the number of home sales in Greater Vancouver continued to trend below the 10-year average in May, the balance of sales and listings meant continued market stability this spring.
The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) reports that residential property sales in Greater Vancouver reached 2,882 on the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) in May 2013. This represents a one per cent increase compared to the 2,853 sales recorded in May 2012, and a 9.7 per cent increase compared to the 2,627 sales in Continue Reading…