At a Glance
- located at Harrison Avenue & Elmwood Street
- 6-storey residential building
- 79 condominiums
- 800m from Burquitlam Station
- 8-minute walk to Burquitlam Plaza shopping
- 9 minutes from Burnaby Mountain trail network
- 10-minute walk to Bettie Allard YMCA
- 12 minutes from The City of Lougheed Shopping Centre via SkyTrain
- 24 minutes to Rocky Point Park
Everything You Would Expect in Your Next Step
Located off the beaten path in a quiet Burquitlam residential pocket, Aavand is a condominium mid-rise coming soon from Canada West Group. It offers a selection of 1- to 3-bedroom floor plans with interiors from 574 – 1,133 sq ft. Every home includes more storage options, air conditioning, a kitchen island, full-sized appliances, a pantry, smart lighting, and a balcony or patio. In the underground parkade is an EV-ready parking stall and a storage locker. Residents will also enjoy shared use of a co-working space, dog run, fitness room, and a rooftop children’s play space. A ground floor multi-purpose room for group gatherings, includes an adjacent patio with an outdoor lounge, barbeque dining area, and a ping pong table.
Situated between the forested slopes of Burnaby Mountain and the transit-oriented urbanism surrounding Burquitlam Station, Aavand is sure to be an attractive choice for families, students, and young couples. Your household shopping needs are conveniently satisfied at Safeway extra and Burquitlam Plaza next door. For even more choices, The City of Lougheed is only one SkyTrain stop away. The new Bettie Allard YMCA offers 55,000 sq ft of community amenities to keep you active and fit. For outdoor recreation, Burnaby Mountain trails are just a short walk away or head to Rocky Point Park in Port Moody to launch your personal watercraft into Burrard Inlet. For Vancouver concerts, festivals, and sporting events, nearby Burquitlam Station offers a convenient commute without the hassles of traffic and parking.
Join Mike’s Presale Condos VIP List! Be first to hear about new Presales and Gain Access to VIP Openings and Special Promotions
"*" indicates required fields
Your Privacy is important to us. View our Privacy & Data Collection Policy.
Pricing for Aavand
Starting from $499,000. Sign up to my VIP list above for priority access to Aavand updates.
Floor Plans for Aavand
With interiors from 470 – 1,119 sq ft, Aavand offers the following unit mix:
- 9 x 1-bedroom
- 43 x 1-bedroom + den
- 12 x 2-bedroom
- 4 x 2-bedroom + den
- 11 x 3-bedroom
Contact me today to discuss availability and plans according to your needs.
- 9’ foot or higher ceilings
- Choice of 3 design schemes: Mid-Century Modern, Scandinavian, or Industrial Modern
- Hard surface flooring throughout – no carpet!
- Roller shades for all windows
- Integrated wardrobe organizers with drawers in the master bedroom
- Individual heat pump air conditioning
- Electrolux front-loading full-sized washer & dryer
- Linen closet
- Smart switches to control lighting
- Select USB outlets for convenient charging
- Telus Welcome Home kit
Kitchens — the Heart of Each Home
- Stool ready Islands for gathering
- Undermount stainless steel one bowl sink with integrated drying rack, cutting board, and defrost/vegetable trays
- Full-sized appliances:
- Gas cooktop
- Hood fan
- Stainless steel double door fridge
- Integrated dishwasher
- Microwave with trim kit
- Silestone counters
- Custom full height pantry with feature door
- LED under cabinet lighting
- Black faucet with dual function pull down spray
- Designer black can light fixtures
- Flat panel cabinetry with soft close doors and drawers
- Matte black hardware including faucet and towel rack
- Shampoo niche
- Black handheld shower wand
- Undermount sink
- Silestone counters
Amenities at Aavand
On the ground floor, residents will have use of a co-working space, fitness room, and a multi-purpose room. Adjacent to the latter is a patio with an outdoor lounge, a barbeque with prep counter, picnic tables, and a ping pong table. On the north side of the building is a dog run with agility components and a dog wash. A children’s activity and play space with artificial turf, play equipment, and a seating node is located on the Level 5 rooftop.
Parking and Storage
A 2-level underground parking garage will provide secure storage for 102 bicycles and stalls for 103 vehicles, of which 12 are for visitors. A parking stall and storage locker are included in the purchase price. Extra parking spots are $35,000, lockers $6,000 + GST. A strata-compliant electric vehicle energy management system is $3,000 + GST.
Maintenance Fees at Aavand
$0.46 per sq ft per month.
Developer Team for Aavand
Canada West Group began as Canada West Construction, with multiple projects successfully completed throughout the Lower Mainland. To effectively adapt to the company’s rapid business growth, Canada West Development was established to focus on property acquisition, architectural planning, permit applications, and sales. Canada West’s philosophy is that quality and affordability are not mutually exclusive. They devote their energy and creativity to deliver both.
DF Architecture is a vibrant, modest size Richmond-based design studio, recognized for the successful place-making of commercial, multi-family residential, industrial buildings, TI projects, and large urban design projects. The DF team is committed to design excellence, sustainability, and providing memorable solutions to the client’s needs. Past projects include Amson Square, Fleetwood Point, and Saavin.
At Ross & Company Interiors, Charyle Ross and the team have a love and passion for beautiful interiors. The Burnaby firm has been creating inspired designs since 2004. As specialists in residential and multi-family residential design, Ross & Company Interiors work with residential clients and developers to create amazing interiors and spaces.
Expected Completion for Aavand
Are you interested in learning more about other homes in Port Moody, Coquitlam, or Port Coquitlam?
Check out Sitka House, Allison, Sõl, and these great Tri-Cities Presales!