At a Glance
- located at 18th Street & 12th Avenue
- 30-storey tower & 4-storey lowrise
- 282 condominiums
- 1- to 3-bedroom residences
- 60-acre master-planned community
- children’s adventure PlayZone & splash park
- 20,000 sq ft community centre
- 5-acre park, scenic river greenways
- 2 blocks from Edmonds Skytrain station
Beyond Your Imagination
Southgate City is a dramatic 52-acre master-planned development coming to South Burnaby by Ledingham McAllister. Shaped by towers, mid-rises, and low-rises, this new Edmonds community encircles a lush 5-acre park divided by water features and scenic greenways. Find convenience and connection at the grocery store, shops, restaurants, and community centre. Link to all of Metro Vancouver at the Edmonds SkyTrain station only two blocks away.
Southgate’s first construction phase is Azure — a 30-storey tower and 4-storey lowrise located in the Island neighbourhood at the southwest corner of the site. Designed by award-winning IBI Architects, Azure takes design cues from the freedom and purity of soaring through clear and open skies. Condominiums will range from one to three bedrooms, featuring over-height ceilings, large windows for maximum natural light, and generous balconies or patios with outdoor lighting.
A new city is rising in Burnaby, beautifully defined by its relationship to parks and water. Set your course for Azure and welcome home.
Pricing for Azure at Southgate City
Starting from $499,900. To ensure you receive important updates on this exceptional development, we recommend you sign up to our VIP list above.
Floor Plans for Azure at Southgate City
Ranging from 611 – 933 sq ft, choose from a selection of floorplans from the following unit mix:
- 69 x 1-bedroom
- 207 x 2-bedroom
- 6 x 3-bedroom
Of these condominiums, 229 are contained in the highrise, of which 55 are adaptable. Plans range in size from 611 – 909 sq ft and include layouts with one to two bedrooms + den. For those who prefer living in a lowrise, The Teal Collection offers 53 condominiums from 677 – 933 sq ft, of which 11 are adaptable. Layouts have one bedroom + den to three bedrooms. Ground floor units include spacious garden patios.
Contact me today to discuss availability and plans according to your needs.
Azure at Southgate City Interiors
All homes feature impressive architectural details, over-height ceilings, expansive windows for maximum natural light, and large balconies and patios to extend your living space to the outdoors.
Your Individual Home
- Choice of two designer palettes: Opulence (light and vibrant) or Allure (rich and elegant)
- Air conditioning in all tower residences
- Kitchen and living areas include contemporary laminate flooring
- Expansive glazing for maximum natural light
- Sleek roller-blind window coverings throughout provide privacy
- Full-size, front-loading, energy-efficient washer & dryer
- Pre-wired for high-speed internet and digital cable access
- Generous outdoor balconies and garden patios with outdoor lighting and exterior outlets
- Conveniently-located cable and data outlets in living
room, some bedrooms, and workspace/den
- Soft-close full height cabinetry with pantries and islands in most homes
- Contemporary chrome hardware on lower cabinetry
- Brilliant illumination with LED fixtures and under-cabinet lighting
- Low maintenance quartz-composite countertops with contemporary, porcelain tile backsplash
- USB outlet(s) for convenient charging
- Cook and entertain with full-size stainless steel appliances:
- 5-burner gas cooktop with undermounted 30″ Even-Heat convection single wall oven by KitchenAid
- “Counter depth design”, French-door style refrigerator with bottom mount freezer by Fisher & Paykel
- Modern, high-performance, chimney-style hood fan by Broan
- 24″ Energy Star ProWash dishwasher by KitchenAid
- Panasonic microwave oven featuring Inverter Technology
- Premium Kohler Ludington undermount, deep double-bowl sink with basin rack
- Single-lever Kohler Purist kitchen faucet with integral pull-down spray nozzle
Rest & Retreat
- Spacious walk-in or walk-through closet in master bedrooms
- Contemporary light fixtures in all bedrooms
- Modern, frameless-glass and tile shower with premium Kohler fixtures
- Large soaker tub with contemporary tile surround in main bathrooms
- Large, clean-edged vanity mirror with overhead LED pot lighting in all bathrooms
- Flush-mount LED pot light over shower or tub
- Floating vanity with LED lighting, quartz composite vanity countertop with undermount sink and premium Kohler fixtures
- Soft-close cabinetry with contemporary, chrome hardware on lower cabinetry
- Euro-style porcelain tile flooring in all bathrooms
- Engineered hardwood flooring in main living area & bedrooms
- Wireless security system
- Window screens
- Closet organizer
Amenities at Azure at Southgate City
In addition to Southgate City’s considerable community amenities, Azure residents will enjoy use of a fireside lobby lounge, guest suite, billiards lounge, social lounge with kitchen and dining area, gym & yoga studio, and an adjacent patio.
Parking and Storage
An underground parkade will provide storage for 564 bicycles and parking stalls for 310 vehicles. Of these, 4 resident and 8 visitor stalls will have EV chargers. In addition, there will be 3 car wash stalls, a bike repair room, and 1 residential loading space. At ground level, short-term racks will accommodate 57 visitor bicycles.
For those seeking an alternative to car use or ownership, be sure to ask about Azure’s transit subsidy program for homeowners.
Maintenance Fees for Azure at Southgate City
Developer Team for Azure at Southgate City
Ledingham McAllister has played a major role in British Columbia’s construction industry dating back to 1905 when the company started operations in the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood of Vancouver. Since 1984, when Ward McAllister joined Bruce Ledingham to form Ledingham McAllister Group of Companies, they have successfully created, built, and sold thousands of new homes and communities throughout British Columbia. They are dedicated to creating quality homes in superior locations and providing customers with long-term investment value.
IBI Group Architects is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm that was founded in Vancouver and Toronto in 1974. By integrating their four core disciplines (urban land, facilities, transportation and systems), they develop holistic strategies that shape the urban environment for a more sustainable future. Current projects of theirs featured here include, 533 Cottonwood, The Grove, and Legacy on Dunbar.
Integra Architecture was formed in 1999 by two experienced architects – Dale Staples and Duane Siegrist. The partners share a belief in client-centered architecture, teamwork, and long-term working relationships. The firm’s capable staff has extensive experience in all types of residential buildings, mixed-use projects, as well as renovations and seniors housing. Through effective communication and high-quality construction drawings, Integra bridges the gap between the builder’s reality and the architect’s vision. Recent projects featured here include Garden Drive, 3227 & 3239 St. Johns, and Lolo on 3rd.
The Mill Design Group was founded in 2011 by interior designer, Janine Wilson. Based in North Vancouver, The Mill specializes in West Coast, Scandinavian, vintage, mid-century modern, Nordic, and minimal style interiors for multi-family projects. Their design belief is that interior finishes should be timeless and easy to manage, without sacrificing style and comfort.
Expected Completion for Azure at Southgate City
Are you interested in learning more about other condos in Brentwood, Edmonds, Lougheed, or Metrotown?