Earl by Chard at a Glance
- located at Earles & Duke in East Vancouver
- four 4-storey woodframe buildings
- 131 condominiums & townhomes
- beside Purdys Chocolatier
- steps from intersection of 3 bus routes
- numerous Kingsway restaurants & shops within walking distance
- near Norquay and Slocan parks
- close to 29th Avenue Skytrain Station
- 10-minute drive to Metrotown shopping
Live Norquay Village
Meet Earl, an upcoming community of 1- to 3-bedroom residences in Norquay Village.
A project by Chard Development, it consists of two 4-storey condominium buildings and two mirrored stacked townhome lowrises, built over one level of underground parking for 286 bicycles and 145 vehicles.
The residents at Earl by Chard will enjoy a landscaped interior courtyard and a communal rooftop terrace on the northwest building, featuring a children’s play space, lounges, an al fresco dining area, urban agriculture plots, and mountain views.
Ground floor suites feature private entries and patios off Earles Street, the courtyard, and the two side lanes bordering the property. Private outdoor spaces for the remaining homes are provided by either a balcony or a rooftop patio.
Homes are equipped with in-suite heating and cooling to allow for optimal climate control.
Earl by Chard Location
Located within steps of the Kingsway commercial corridor — near 29th Avenue Station and close to the Vanness Avenue bikeway — Earl by Chard earns high marks for walkability, biking, and access to transit services.
Nearby Norquay Park features a basketball court, playground, rain garden, soccer field, softball diamonds, and jogging path. It’s just a 5-minute walk to John Norquay Elementary School.
For destinations further afield, choose from three different bus routes at stops a mere block away. Or by SkyTrain, shopping in Metrotown is reached in 5 minutes and the concerts and festivals of downtown Vancouver in 15 minutes.
What is the Pricing for Earl by Chard?
These East Vancouver condos and townhomes by Chard Development start from $639,900.
Sign up to my VIP list above for priority access to Earl updates.
What Floor Plans does Chard Development offer?
Earl by Chard offers a selection of 1- & 2-bedroom condominiums located in the two buildings facing Earles Street.
A pair of townhouse buildings set against the rear lane, contain stacked 2-level townhomes with 3-bedroom floorplans.
Ground floor residences feature private entries off the courtyard, Earles Street, and the north & south side lanes. All homes have private outdoor spaces — patios, balconies, or rooftop decks.
Earl by Chard presents the following unit mix:
- 54 x 1-bedroom
- 55 x 2-bedroom
- 22 x 3-bedroom townhouses
Contact me today to discuss availability, plans, and sales incentives according to your needs.
What will Earl by Chard Interiors look like?
Earl Living Room
- Every home features private outdoor space in the form of a balcony, private patio and/or rooftop terrace, as per plan
- Two designer-curated colour schemes in dark and light hues
- Pet- and spill-resilient wide plank woodlook vinyl flooring throughout
- Suite-controlled cooling and heating system for optimal comfort
- Low-E, argon-filled and double-glazed thermal insulated windows
- Slim profile roller blinds on all exterior windows with extra darkening for bedrooms
- Space-saving laundry closets with stacked, front-loading Samsung Smart Care steam washer and condensing dryer
- Energy recovery ventilator (ERV) with filtering system to provide continuous fresh air
- Recessed LED pot lights in hallways and kitchens
- Bedrooms and dining areas are lighting fixture ready with switched junction box
- In-wall cable management and wall backing for seamless mounting and installation of entertainment systems in living room
- Additional concrete between floors and insulation between suites minimizes acoustic transmission
Earl Kitchens by BYU Design
- Fully integrated European appliance package:
- Front panel, Fulgor Milano single door fridge & bottom mount freezer
- Fulgor Milano brushed stainless steel wall oven
- Fulgor Milano 4-zone touch and slide induction cooktop
- Fulgor Milano front panel integrated dishwasher
- AEG Perfekt glide 2-speed hood fan with 300 CFM motor
- Integrated stainless Panasonic microwave with trim kit
- Matte finish flat panel cabinets with soft-close drawers and woodgrain accent shelving
- Matte black Grohe gooseneck faucet with integrated pull-out sprayer
- Sleek streamlined matte black cabinetry pulls
- Luxury engineered quartz countertops and continuous full-height backsplash
- Square profile stainless steel sink
- Complementary woodgrain kitchen islands with waterfall edge, seating, extra storage, and feature shelving, as per plan
- Under cabinet LED lighting
- Durable metal sheet liner in under sink cabinet
- Flat panel woodgrain vanity with soft-close drawer and cabinet storage
- Custom millwork woodgrain medicine cabinets with integrated mirror
- Quartz countertops and backsplash
- Large format porcelain tile flooring
- Ultra clean, matte white porcelain tile wet wall and tub/shower surround
- Deep, square profile soaker tub
- Frameless glass swing shower door
- Single lever chrome Grohe faucet
- Co-ordinating chrome towel bar and tissue holder
- Chrome finish Grohe handheld shower with adjustable height body wand
- Dual flush, elongated, right height toilet with soft close lid and concealed trap
- Outlet for bidet install opportunity in primary or en suite bathroom
- Heated tile floors in primary or en suite bathroom
What are the Earl Vancouver Amenities?
The four preconstruction buildings of Earl by Chard occupy the perimeter around a landscaped courtyard that is sheltered from street noise. It provides space for private patios and offers central planted areas with bench seating for residents to socialize.
A rooftop terrace on the northwest building features a children’s play area, lounges, a barbeque dining area, gardening planters, and views of the city and North Shore mountains.
Does Earl by Chard have Parking & Storage?
A single level of shared underground parking will provide storage space for 286 bicycles and stalls for 145 vehicles, including 8 visitor and 6 accessible.
Short-term racks for 8 bicycles are located in the entry courtyard.
What are the Maintenance Fees at Earl on Earles?
Estimated at $0.49 per sq ft per month.
Who is the Developer Team for Earl?
Earl Vancouver Developer
Chard Development is an an award-winning, Vancouver-based urban real estate development firm led by Byron Chard specializing in urban, mid-sized condominium and commercial projects in Metro Vancouver and Greater Victoria.
Founded in 1994 by David Chard, they have evolved from a development management consulting firm to a highly respected merchant developer of commercial and multi-family residential projects.
For the past two decades, the talented Chard team has focused on purpose-built projects. Known for well-designed, sought-after properties, Chard is an influential voice in urban revitalization.
Architect for Earl Vancouver
Proscenium Architecture + Interiors began in 1996 as an architectural and interior design firm focused on the planning and design of facilities for the Arts. Today, it is a full service firm recognized as a leading designer of community and cultural facilities across western Canada.
Proscenium combines the technical strength and depth of experience usually associated with a large firm with the personal attention and creative energy of a small design studio.
Through a balanced mix of architectural and interior design staff working cohesively on each project, clients understand that their needs and goals are being heard in all aspects of the design process.
Earl Vancouver Interior Designer
Vancouver-based BYU Design was founded in 2003. They have earned a reputation as one of the most trusted, accomplished, and inspired design firms in the city.
BYU Design adapts their work to the unique needs of every client, and translates the initial vision into an optimal end-user experience.
When is the expected Completion for East Van Earl?
Chard Development expect completion in March 2026.
Related East Vancouver Presales
Are you interested in learning more about other homes in the East Van neighhourhoods of Grandview-Woodland, Renfrew-Collingwood, or Kensington-Cedar Cottage?
What is REDMA? Check out this legislation that protects you, the buyer.