At a Glance
- located on Dewdney Trunk Road between Plaza & 224 streets
- 7.35-acre mixed-use, master-planned community
- 14 buildings, ranging from 5 – 19 storeys
- 850 residential units
- 3,515 sq ft of retail space
- 6,200 sq ft of office space
- new pedestrian-oriented, boutique-style shopping district
- new neighbourhood park
- post-secondary satellite campus
A New Era for Master-Planned Living
Johnston Meier Insurance and SwissReal Developments have partnered to redevelop most of the properties spanning three city blocks between Plaza and 224th streets, and Dewdney Trunk Road and Brown Avenue in Maple Ridge. Called ERA, this 7.35-acre master-planned community will provide approximately 850 homes, office and retail space, and a variety of amenities, such as a new park, a pedestrian spine, and a public plaza.
Designed by Iredale Architecture and Durante Kreuk, ERA is a rare opportunity that will forever redefine Maple Ridge’s downtown core. This multi-year undertaking will consist of the following phases:
- Phase 1 (2.33 acres): 6-storey building with condos & rental apartments, 5-storey residential building with ground floor CRUs, 2 3-storey ground-oriented apartments.
- Phase 2 (2.33 acres): 1 x 4- or 5-storey residential building with ground floor CRUs.
- Phase 3 (0.39 acre): 15-storey residential tower, 5-storey residential building, 4-storey residential lowrise.
- Phase 4 (0.76 acre): 10-storey residential tower, 2-storey residential walkup, public park
- Phase 5 (0.34 acre): 2-storey office-retail building, 4-storey office/school building.
- Phase 6 (1.26 acres): 5-, 9-, 17-storey residential buildings, 1-storey CRU building.
- Phase 7 (0.42 acre): 5- & 19-storey residential buildings, 1-storey CRU building, public plaza.
Those interested in being a part of a new ERA of Maple Ridge living are advised to sign up to our VIP list below. This will provide you with updates and the opportunity to preview display homes, floor plans, and pricing prior to the public opening.
Floor Plans for ERA
The community will incorporate a wide range of housing types, including townhouses, rowhouses, low-rise apartments, high-rise apartments, and live-work studios. For details, see individual posts on ERA’s various phases.
Amenities at ERA
ERA will offer residents significant pedestrian areas, including street-oriented retail, an internal mews, and playgrounds. An east-west pedestian spine will also provide a new neighbourhood park and an urban plaza with retail activities, public art, and pedestrian amenities.
Parking and Storage
All parking will be contained underground.
Developer Team for ERA
ERA is a partnership between Bruce Johnston and Tom Meier of Johnston Meier Insurance and SwissReal Group. They have chosen Iredale Architecture and Durante Kreuk to design their vision for a new town core.
Johnston Meier Insurance Agencies Group is a locally-owned and operated insurance brokerage. They have grown from a single site, established in 1973 in Maple Ridge, to over 46 locations throughout Metro Vancouver and British Columbia. Based on the simple principle of putting customers first and letting the business take care of itself, JMI is now one of the largest insurance agencies in the province. Their team of insurance professionals, in both personal and business categories, has a reputation for providing best-in-class service that saves their customers both time and money.
SwissReal Group is a real estate development, investment, and management company based in Vancouver. With 35 years of experience, SwissReal is at the forefront of real estate development, investment, and management. SwissReal has an intimate understanding of emerging trends in Canada and Europe, allowing it to recognize opportunities and generate value for local and international investors.
Founded in 1980, Iredale Architecture is a mid-size, full-service architecture firm with offices in Vancouver and Victoria. In addition to architecture, Iredale has expertise in building envelope science, interior design, space planning, master planning, heritage rehabilitation, adaptive reuse, and LEED and Passive House facilitation. They provide services for a wide range of projects, including civic and cultural, educational, light industrial, commercial, and residential. Clients include municipalities, government agencies, school districts, First Nations, developers, industrial groups, retailers, private companies, and individuals.
Durante Kreuk is an award-winning landscape architectural firm with over thirty years’ experience in the private and public realm design and development. Their broad perspective and diverse thinking is the key to creating a wide range of sustainable, people-focused urban places. DK multiplies their thinking through a style of collaboration that nurtures the freedom to explore, push boundaries, and themselves.
Expected Completion for ERA
It is expected to take a decade to complete the entire project.
Are you interested in learning more about other homes in Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, or Port Coquitlam?
Check out these great Tri-Cities Presales!