At a Glance
- located at 16th & Burrard
- 12 market residences
- heritage restorations & new infill construction
- 1 block from Vancouver Lawn Tennis & Badminton Club
- 4-minute walk to Granville Park tennis courts & playground
- close to Granville Street boutiques, cafes, restaurants
- 6-minute drive to Kits Beach
- 7 minutes from Granville Island
- less than 10 minutes to Downtown Vancouver
Honouring an Architectural Past
Located at the corner of 16th Avenue and Burrard Street on Vancouver’s West Side, Sixteenth & Burrard is a rare collection of twelve refined homes by Formwerks Boutique Properties. These consist of 10 residences in three restored heritage homes and two new infill coach houses. The homes revive an architectural history dating back to the early 1900s, when they were part of a neighbourhood-defining subdivision comprised of nine regal homes.
Built in 1913, the Craftsman Bungalow residence at 1795 West 16th Avenue was owned by Harry J. Maguire, an agent with Canadian Pacific Railway. It is the last-standing example of pre-World War I development in the neighbourhood. The 1919 Bayne Residence at 1785 West 16th Avenue, was home to dental technician, Stanley N. Bayne. It is unique for its unusual combination of 1920s California Bungalow and Craftsman architectural styles. The family of John T. Elson, an upper manager of Marshall Wells BC, lived at 1775 West 16th Avenue. Built in 1919, it illustrates post-WWI design trends with a rare merger of Craftsman Bungalow and Four Square architecture styles.
The design of Sixteenth & Burrard retains the homes’ historical dignity, while speaking to modern needs. Exteriors are distinguished by three distinct original colour schemes. Heritage features are mindfully-restored, including stained glass windows, gabled roof lines, entry columns, brick, and solid wood entry doors. Infill buildings take inspiration from their progenitors, and landscaped paths traverse the private outdoor spaces.
throughout. Formwerks’ in-house interior design team salvaged some of the original details to maintain a timeless quality.
At the heart of Vancouver’s residential history, the homes of Sixteenth & Burrard are located on a beautiful tree-lined corridor. With the boutiques, cafes, and restaurants of South Granville and Kerrisdale only moments away, and downtown Vancouver close by, residences benefit from the conveniences of urban amenities and an idyllic residential community. Be part of a Vancouver legacy at Sixteenth & Burrard.
Find Out About New Presales & Get Access to VIP Openings & Special Promotions!
Are you a realtor? Click here
Pricing for Sixteenth & Burrard
Selling now from $1,499,900. As Formwerks’ previous Heritage project sold out rapidly, I urged serious buyers to contact me today to discuss availability and plans according to your needs.
Floor Plans for Sixteenth & Burrard
A thoughtful restoration process has resulted in a rare collection of twelve refined homes distributed across three heritage properties. The Maguire Residence contains four 1- to 3-bedroom homes. The Bayne Residence will house two duplex homes, while a separate infill houses a third. These range from two to four bedrooms plus flex. The Elson Residence is comprised of four 2-bedroom homes, while a separate infill contains a 3-bedroom home.
Sixteenth & Burrard Interiors
The bright and open homes feature built-in millwork, painted wood finishes, and bronze and brass hardware and plumbing fixtures. Kitchens are modern in function and classic in design, while master en suites are light and airy with natural stone accents.
- Select from two colour palettes evocative of the Arts and Crafts era: “Burrard” or “Granville”
- Heritage-inspired Shaker kitchen cabinets in Heather Grey (Burrard) or White Heron (Granville)
- Warmth and comfort provided by a Montigo gas fireplace (select homes)
- Bronze patina entry door set in flat black finish
- 7 1/2″ white oak engineered floors in Trestle (Burrard) or Drawbridge (Granville)
- Coved crown mouldings with detailed entablatures, 7 1/4″ baseboards, and substantial window and door casings
- Automated lighting control system
- Custom millwork and built-in shelving (select homes)
- Radiant in-floor heating throughout
- LG 4.5 cu ft ultra-large capacity washer with steam technology, 12 programs, and direct drive motor in graphite steel with pedestals (select homes)
- LG 7.4 cu ft ultra-large capacity electric SteamDryer with
TrueSteam technology and 10 programs in graphite steel with pedestals (select homes)
- Security system in every home
A Distinguished Kitchen
- Wolf 6-burner gas stove and gas oven in stainless steel, 30″ 4-burner in select homes
- Fisher & Paykel Active Smart, fully-integrated, 36″ French-door refrigerator, 30″ stainless steel fridge in select homes
- Fisher & Paykel fully-integrated DishDrawer
- Manor house-style, aproned farmhouse double-bowl sink
- Heritage cabinet hardware in Satin Brass (Burrard) or Flat Black (Granville)
- Heritage inspired pull-down faucet in Flat Black (Burrard) or Stainless Steel (Granville)
- Enduring quartz countertops in Calacatta Borghini (Burrard) or Vanilla Noir (Granville)
- Brushwork mosaic tile backsplash feature with decorative pencil liner; optional stainless-steel backsplash behind the stove area
- Convenient under-cabinet task lighting in kitchen area
Master En Suite Bathroom
- Bianco Venatino Gioia with Nero Marquina accent basket-weave-patterned marble floor and Bianco Venatino Gioia marble border
- Bianco Venatino Gioia 12″ x 24″ shower wall and basket weave mosaic shower floor tile
- Honed Bianca Carrara marble slab counter and dual undermount sinks
- Vintage-inspired exposed shower package in polished nickel
- Heritage-inspired polished nickel lavatory faucet and bathtub set
- Relaxing soaker tub in white, luxurious freestanding tub in select homes
- Shaker panel cabinetry in White Heron
- Elegantly veined Calacatta Borghini polished quartz counters
- 3″ x 6″ Enchanted Shadow ceramic tile bathroom walls in running bond pattern
- Heritage-inspired polished nickel lavatory faucet set
- Shaker panel cabinetry in Heather Grey (Burrard) or White Heron (Granville)
- Bianca Carrara marble countertop with sleek undermount sink
- Intricate Bianca Carrara marble herringbone inlay mosaic tile floor with border accent
- Choice of four classic wallpaper patterns designed by Morris & Co or Cole & Son
- Heritage-inspired polished nickel lavatory faucets
- Decorative sconce lighting
Amenities at Sixteenth & Burrard
All homes include porches or private landscaped patios.
Parking and Storage
A private 1-car garage is included in the purchase price.
Maintenance Fees at Sixteenth & Burrard
$0.26 per sq ft per month.
Developer Team for Sixteenth & Burrard
Led by Jim Bussey, Formwerks Boutique Properties is an extension of award-winning Formwerks Architectural, with a portfolio of over 600 custom single-family homes and townhomes. Playing an active role in historical restoration, Formwerks takes pride in contributing necessary density in respectful ways, to both protect character and provide functional and aesthetically-pleasing homes. Formwerks Heritage is designed with this mindful approach, preserving the integrity of Vancouver’s Arts and Crafts architectural beginnings. Other projects include Cypress & Second, West Boulevard, and Tudor House.
Expected Completion for Sixteenth & Burrard
Are you interested in learning more about other homes in Kerrisdale, Kitsilano, or Shaughnessy?