At a Glance
- located at West King Edward & Columbia Street
- six 3-storey woodframe buildings
- 30 brownstone townhomes & city homes
- steps from Hillcrest Park & Community Centre
- 2 blocks from King Edward Station
- close to multiple bike routes
- near Queen Elizabeth Park & Nat Baily Stadium
- 4 blocks from Main Street cafes, restaurants, shops
- minutes away from Oakridge shopping
30 Modern Brownstones
King & Columbia is a boutique townhome project by Forme Development. Brownstone-inspired architecture by Yamamoto Architecture achieves a sophisticated warmth that smoothly transitions to interiors and private outdoor spaces. As you move through the interior designed by The Mill Design Group, there’s a lasting sense of discovery. When you step outdoors, thoughtful landscaping by Loci Landscape Architecture defines serene enclaves. Savour your independence with a private entrance and direct access to your own garage.
With this convenient, transit-oriented Cambie Corridor location, not only are you steps from frequent bus service and just two blocks from the Canada Line, multiple nearby bike routes encourage healthier mobility. Queen Elizabeth Park, Riley Park, Hillcrest Park, and Nat Bailey Stadium are all within walking distance, offering numerous sports fields and courts, serene gardens, an aquatic centre, gym, skating rink, pitch & putt golf, library, farmers market, and more. Although only a 5-minute drive from Oakridge Centre shopping, you may prefer the eclectic and independent cafes, restaurants, and shops of vibrant Main Street. King & Columbia is an inspiring place to live, a place where you continually discover more.
Pricing for King & Columbia
Phase 2 coming soon. Sign up to my VIP list above for priority access to King & Columbia updates.
Floor Plans for King & Columbia
This collection of 30 townhomes and city homes offers an exclusive selection of 1- to 4-bedroom floorplans with interiors ranging from 519 – 1,939 sq ft. Private outdoor spaces may include courtyard patios and rooftop decks.
King & Columbia Interiors
Live in an exceptionally wide home at King & Columbia. At six feet wider than a typical townhome, and up to 10’ high ceilings, these layouts feel airy, bright, and spacious.
Seamless Indoor-Outdoor Living
- Expansive 20′-wide homes produce spaces filled with natural light (select homes)
- Air-conditioned heating & cooling system with wireless controls
- Solid-core doors and double-glazed windows
- Soaring ceiling heights of up to 10′ in main living areas (select homes)
- Roller blinds for privacy and atmosphere
- Distinctive oak engineered wood flooring in living areas and bedrooms
- Energy-efficient LED lighting
- Laundry room with open shelving and cabinetry (select homes)
- Family-size, front-loading washer & dryer (tandem placement in select homes)
- Expansive bay window in bedrooms (select homes)
- Asymmetric kitchen island with knife-edge detail, matte-finish accent cabinetry and engineered stone counter with curved corner
- Built-in wine fridge offering temperature-controlled storage for a variety of beverages (select homes)
- Soft-close cabinetry in woodgrain finish with custom accented upper cabinets and reeded glass doors
- LED lighting, including decorative, surface-mount cylinder fixtures
- 1-bedroom Fisher & Paykel appliances:
- 24″ integrated refrigerator
- 24″ stainless steel four-burner gas range with oven
- 24″ integrated hood fan with engineered stone cladding
- 24″ integrated dishwasher with adjustable racks
- Built-in stainless steel Panasonic microwave with trim kit
- 3- & 4-bedroom Fisher & Paykel appliances:
- 36″ integrated refrigerator with bottom freezer
- 30″ black Classic Series oven and dual-fuel gas range
- 30″ integrated hood fan with engineered stone cladding
- Individual upper and lower integrated dishwasher drawers
- Built-in stainless steel Panasonic microwave with trim kit
- Refined matte-black Brizo plumbing fixtures
- Toilets with soft-close seat
- Flush shower floors with linear drain detail
- Functional shower shelf in bathroom and en suite
- Elegant woodgrain, soft-close cabinetry
- Rounded en suite cabinet mirrors with LED lighting
- Square-edged quartz countertops
- Luxurious thermostatic en suite shower with matte black frame & four-piece rain shower
- Sophisticated dark engineered quartz countertops in en suite
- Tile-front bathtub with artisanal, European-inspired white wall tiles in main bathroom
- Stylish powder room with feature tile wall, floating washstand, brass plumbing & bathroom accessories, and statement wall-hung toilet (select homes)
The master bedroom is designed with features not ordinarily found in a townhome. An expansive bay window invites you to cozy up and read a book on a rainy afternoon. In select homes, a built-in, armoire-style closet provides additional storage space.
Include a custom outdoor kitchen for elevated hosting:
- Built-in 36″ stainless steel DCS grill
- Stainless steel DCS drawers and organizers for grill accessories
- Custom solid quartz slab countertops
- Stainless steel 24″ DCS refrigerator
- Contemporary King Living three-piece outdoor modular furniture set, four-seat dining table & chairs, and cantilever patio umbrella
- Solus Halo fire bowl for intimate gatherings year-round
Parking and Storage
All homes include at least one vehicle parking stall in secure underground parking, pre-wired for Level 2 EV charging with no load sharing. Select homes have private garages. King & Columbia also provides generous storage spaces and secure bicycle storage.
Developer Team for King & Columbia
Forme Development is a boutique Vancouver real estate firm founded in 2017 by CEO, Damon Chan. With offices in Vancouver and Los Angeles, the firm is focused on mixed-use, high-rise multi-family residential, retail, and office buildings along the west coast of North America. Their aim is to bring vibrancy and life to neighbourhoods anchored by thoughtfully-designed, environmentally-sensitive, and community-enhancing buildings.
Yamamoto Architecture is a young design-oriented firm focused on multi-family and mixed-use buildings. They are currently working on projects ranging in scale from single-family homes to concrete high-rises, including Willow, Main & Twentieth, Monument, and 1220 and 1298 East Hastings.
The Mill Design Group was founded in 2011 by interior designer, Janine Wilson. Based in North Vancouver, The Mill specializes in West Coast, Scandinavian, vintage, mid-century modern, Nordic, and minimal style interiors for multi-family projects. Their design belief is that interior finishes should be timeless and easy to manage, without sacrificing style and comfort.
Expected Completion for King & Columbia
October 2023 for Phase 1, winter 2024 for Phase 2.
Are you interested in learning more about other homes on the West Side, along the Cambie Corridor, or in South Vancouver?