At a Glance
- located at East 5th & Commercial Drive on “The Drive:
- 8 stacked Strata Townhomes
- steps from Commercial Drive’s independent eateries, bars, shops, grocers
- 1 block from Grandview Lanes bowling alley
- 2 blocks from McSpadden Park amenities
- 3-minute walk to Grandview Elementary
- 5 minutes from Commercial/Broadway SkyTrain station
- 7-minute bike ride to Trout Lake
- close to False Creek Flats education & employment
Steps to vibrant shops and restaurants, La Menta is a fresh and bold addition to the Commercial Drive neighbourhood from South Street Development Group. Inspired by Pietro Aiello, who was a significant presence in the community, these eight walk-up townhomes are designed to create connections among its residents with a communal courtyard and bridged entryways. La Menta’s two 2-bedroom and six 3-bedroom residences are perfect for families and professionals. Four homes include relaxing rooftop terraces with tranquil cityscape views.
A culturally rich neighbourhood, Commercial Drive offers 22 blocks with over 300 distinct merchants, including boutiques, restaurants, bars, theatres, coffee houses, specialty food stores, and bakeries. Located near the Mosaic bikeway, the 99 B-Line, and SkyTrain, La Menta boasts top scores for walking, cycling, and transit, giving you convenient car-free access to other parts of the city. Enjoy a fresh way of living for your next chapter. Embrace the modern lifestyle with ease.
Pricing for La Menta
Coming soon. Sign up to my VIP list above for priority access to La Menta updates.
Floor Plans for La Menta
La Menta offers a choice of two 2-bedroom/2-bathroom and six 3-bedroom/3-bathroom floorplans, ranging from 896 – 1,293 sq ft. Each of the four upper homes include rooftop patios with cityscape views.
La Menta Interiors
- Wide plank, white oak hardwood floors
- In-floor radiant heat
- Pre-wired for media and alarms
- LED lighting to ensure low energy usage
- HRV clean air systems
- Premium stainless steel paneled appliances:
- Fully-integrated cabinetry fridge
- 30″ Blomberg gas range
- 30″ Blomberg electric wall oven
- Broan undercabinet range hood fan
- Integrated Panasonic microwave with trim kit
- 24″ Energy Star Blomberg dishwasher
- Islands promote entertaining spaces with plenty of room for family
- Raw concrete quartz countertops with a complementary tile backsplash
- Julien stainless steel undermount sink
- Soft-close white laminate European cabinetry
- Hansgrohe professional-style, 2-spray pulldown faucet in steel optic
- 24″ Whirlpool front load washer and dryer
- Quartz countertops with undermount sinks for maximizing counter space
- Hansgrohe plumbing fixtures in brushed nickel
- Hansgrohe rain shower
- Ceramic tile flooring & tub accent
- Frameless walk-in shower
- Soaker tub
Amenities at La Menta
Communal spaces include a landscaped courtyard with benches, gas hose bib for barbeques, and a firepit lounge area; a children’s play area with chalkboard play wall; two lawns on either side of the entry walkway; and vegetable garden beds with a potting table and gardening tool storage.
Parking and Storage
La Menta offers three resident parking spaces in a garage and 1 accessible laneway parking pad. Secure storage is provided for 32 bicycles and 2 bike racks are available for visitors.
Maintenance Fees at La Menta
Developer Team for La Menta
South Street Development Group is a diversified real estate company specializing in the zoning, development, and construction of multi-family and commercial properties. The company was formed in 1986 by Sam Hanson to identify and acquire investments in the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, and throughout Alberta. SSDG works with the best and brightest architects, designers, engineers and contractors to create compelling residential and commercial projects. They specialize in challenging projects that require just the right amount of balance between experience and creativity.
In 2011, the Saint Group opened its doors. With an early reputation established through delivering quality craftsmanship and unparalleled service, Saint’s services quickly became highly coveted. With a commitment that extends past building quality homes, Saint is also driven to build stronger communities. Giving back to those in need in the Lower Mainland is an integral part of what it means to be part of the Saint team. Operating like a family, every employee of Saint is proud to stand by Saint’s core values and uphold the high standards that they have become known for.
The underlining theme of the work at MA+HG Architects is the creation of innovative architecture that is concise and practical, yet poetic and personal to the user. The studio focuses on design solutions that explore alternative ways of home ownership and dwelling, rooted in the belief that solutions can be crafted that speak to today’s issues of affordability and sustainability. MA+HG’s work has been recognized with the 2016 Architectural Institute of British Columbia Emerging Firm Award and the 2016 Arthur Erickson Award for Emerging Architect.
Evoke International Design is an inter-disciplinary design studio based in Vancouver. Formed in 2000, Evoke has extensive experience in a variety of design disciplines, including building and spatial design, interiors, and graphic design. These disciplines manifest themselves through their work in corporate office design; restaurant, entertainment, and retail design; and single-family residential projects. Evoke approaches design from a collaborative point of view, and align themselves with clients that share their modern aesthetic values and creative process.
Expected Completion for La Menta
Are you interested in learning more about other homes in Mount Pleasant, Grandview-Woodland, or Strathcona?