At a Glance
- located at Oak Street & 64th Avenue
- three 6-storey concrete mid-rises
- 130 zero-emissions condominiums
- close to Oak Park & Marpole Oakridge Community Centre
- 4-minute bike ride to Sir Wilfred Laurier Elementary & Sir Winston Churchill Secondary schools
- 4 minutes from Marine Gateway Station
- 5-minute drive to Oakridge Centre shopping
- 30 minutes to downtown Vancouver via public transit
- direct access to Highway 99 via Oak Street Bridge
Innovative Living on the West Side
Ulmus Development presents Ōku, a collection of 130 sleek, modern condominiums coming soon to Vancouver’s West Side. Designed by award-winning Arno Matis Architecture, Ōku was inspired by the Japanese philosophy of creating special, multi-layered places in three dimensional space. Its form is expressed as an “industrial stack” that recalls the industrial sites located immediately south, along the Fraser River.
Compared to existing buildings, Ōku zero emissions homes will use 45% less energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 92%. The high-performance construction features:
- Superior building envelope constructed of a porcelain-clad, vented rainscreen system. With an insulating value of R30, Oku exceeds the average multi-unit residential building that has an insulating value of R18.
- A state-of-the-art VRF heating and cooling system delivers better comfort with less noise than a typical heat-pump system.
- All interior finishes use only low-emission paints, carpets, and fabrics.
- All lighting is LED and motion controlled in common areas.
- Superior storm water management system to help protect waterways.
- Option to add an EV Level 2 smart charger to your parking stall.
Located on the Oak Street Corridor at the corner of Oak Street and West 64th Avenue, Ōku residents will enjoy convenient access to an enviable selection of neighbourhood amenities and everyday essentials. Marpole Village, Marine Gateway, and Oakridge Centre offer supermarkets, boutique shops, the Hudson’s Bay, professional services, cafes, restaurants, and cinemas. Just across the Fraser River beckons shopping at the McArthurGlen Designer Outlet, the culinary cornucopia of Richmond’s Food Street, or the bustle of the Richmond Night Market. Closer to home is the 12-acre Oak Park, with its picnic areas, tennis courts, sports fields, water spray park, and the Marpole Oakridge Community Centre.
Join Mike’s Presale Condos VIP List! Be first to hear about new Presales and Gain Access to VIP Openings and Special Promotions
"*" indicates required fields
Your Privacy is important to us. View our Privacy & Data Collection Policy.
Pricing for Ōku
Starting from $689,900. Sign up today to my VIP list above for priority access to Ōku updates.
Floor Plans for Ōku
Ranging from 528 – 935 sq ft, choose your ideal home from the following open-concept layouts:
- 31 x studios
- 49 x 1-bedroom
- 36 x 2-bedroom
- 14 x 3-bedroom
Ground level homes offer private patios, while top floor units include private roof decks.
Contact me today to discuss availability and plans according to your needs.
With a choice of two professionally-curated colour palettes, interiors feature high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, wide-plank engineered hardwood floors, and integrated Bosch appliance package.
- Two contemporary colour palettes (Light and Dark) elevate each home
- Wide plank, engineered hardwood flooring (7.5″) for a lavish feeling
- An opulent sense of space with over-height ceilings
- Recessed downlighting creates accents and feature areas
- Custom roller shades tailor exterior light for every home
- Sound dampening features like solid core laundry closet door
- 27″ LG washer & dryer
- Refined details like solid core shelving in all closets
- Sleek and striking, polished quartz countertops
- Statement-making large format porcelain backsplash
- Soft-close doors and drawers for a calm, quiet kitchen
- Design refinements extend to cabinet interiors in warm birch
- Under-cabinet lighting creates a dramatic kitchen mood
- Single bowl, undermount Blanco Silgranit sink with a Kohler faucet form a kitchen focal point
- Integrated recycling centre pullout
- Urban-1 bedroom, 1 Bedroom, and Urban-2 Bedroom appliance package:
- 24″ Bosch fully integrated refrigerator
- 24″ Bosch induction cooktop
- 24″ Bosch wall oven
- 24″ Bosch hood fan
- Built-in Panasonic microwave
- Bosch fully integrated dishwasher
- 2-Bedroom, 3-Bedroom, Sub-Penthouse, Penthouse appliance package:
- 30″ Bosch fully integrated refrigerator
- 30″ Bosch induction cooktop
- 30″ Bosch wall oven
- 30″ Bosch hood fan
- Built-in Panasonic microwave
- Bosch fully integrated dishwasher
- Refined and resilient, glazed porcelain large format floor and wall tiles with integrated wall accents and tub/shower surround
- Ceramic tub/shower surround enclosed by a sleek frameless glass door
- Smart and strong, polished chrome Kohler shower fixtures and faucets
- Roomy, full-sized Kohler soaker tub with sloped back rest for total relaxation
- Polished quartz countertops sit atop vanities designed to maximize storage space
- Water-efficient Kohler dual flush toilets
- Mirrored medicine cabinet in en suite provides easy access, extra storage
Amenities at Ōku
Homeowners will have shared use of variety of indoor and outdoor amenities located at ground level. A well-appointed entertainment room includes a lounge with a large TV, kitchenette, mini-fridge, and comfortable seating for entertaining. A fully-equipped fitness centre features a yoga area, free weights, air bike and a Concept2 rowing machine. Entrepreneurs, freelancers, and remote workers will appreciate Ōku’s co-working space with its conference table, audio-visual equipment, large screen TV, cafe-style high-top table, and plenty of power outlets and USB power ports.
Separating the buildings are two 24′ landscaped public courtyards with outdoor furniture organized into intimate social clusters. In collaboration with Ballard Fine Art, the courtyards will also host public art. There are also outdoor spaces for community gardening and a children’s play area.
Parking and Storage
Two levels of underground parking will provide space for 177 bicycles and stalls for 147 vehicles, including 10 for visitors and 3 accessible spaces.
Maintenance Fees at Ōku
Developer Team for Ōku
Ulmus Development is a Vancouver real estate developer and builder. Through a combination of desire, talent, and prediction, Ulmus strives to create places that will leave a lasting impression for years to come. They search the planet for innovations, emerging materials, and technologies to integrate into what will be an Ulmus Place. The company is committed to making a positive change in the world and strives towards environmental rebuilding through their developments.
Arno Matis Architecture believes that contemporary forces of globalization and fragmented specialization demand new responses to the shaping of human environments. AMA’s interest in design integration engages projects in the typically unexplored hybrid space between architecture, urban planning, and landscape; working within the disciplines and blurring the lines between them. Each AMA project is an archetype of the unique characteristics of site, its social, cultural, economic and ecological context, and the unique skills and personalities of its stakeholders. AMA strives for responsive and balanced design solutions beyond the utopian that serve the present and point to an unimaginably exciting future.
Portico Design Group has been selected to bring Baycrest West’s interiors to life through creative use of space, colour, and texture with their vast in-house library. Portico provides full interior design services for residential and commercial real estate developers, resort operators, and private home owners in Canada and the United States. Previous Portico projects featured here include Cambie62, Chelsea Gate, Lariva, and Toppen Ridge.
Expected Completion for Ōku
Are you interested in learning more about other homes in Kerrisdale, South Vancouver, or the Cambie Corridor?
Check out The Oak, West Oak, Oak+52, and these great West Side Presales!