At a Glance
- located at 21st Avenue & Knight Street
- two 3-storey woodframe buildings
- 16 townhomes
- energy efficient Passive House homes
- 1 block from Kingsway cafés & restaurants
- 6-minute walk to Save-On-Foods
- 9 minutes from Charles Dickens Elementary & Sunnyside Park
- 6-minute bike ride to Trout Lake
- 14-minute drive to Downtown
Inspired by the Tradition in Cedar Cottage
Introducing The Charles, a boutique collection of 16 Passive House townhomes by Medallion Homes and Hawthorne Developments. Consisting of two 3-storey woodframe buildings, these energy-efficient homes provide a healthier indoor environment and up to 90% savings in energy costs. The Charles offers a selection of five floor plans from 893 – 1,537 sq ft. One 2-level home has two bedrooms + den, while the remainder have three bedrooms, a den, and a basement flex room. The latter also features front & back patios and a master bedroom sundeck. All homes include an EV-ready underground parking stall which the 3-bedroom units can access directly from the basement.
Situated on a tree-lined street in Vancouver’s Kensington-Cedar Cottage neighbourhood, The Charles enjoys a very bikeable location that’s also well-served by frequent transit on Kingsway and Knight Street. Steps away is the Kingsway commercial corridor where you’ll find groceries at Save-On-Foods and Famous Foods, financial services, a Dollar Tree dollar store, great coffee at Pallet Coffee Roasters, and diverse restaurants such as House of Dosas, Po Kong, and White Spot. Less than 10 minutes by bike, enjoy the outstanding amenities of Trout Lake, such as the community centre, ice rink, tennis courts, baseball diamonds, playgrounds, off-leash dog area, beach, and weekend farmers market. At The Charles, you’ll love how easy it is to discover all that this East Vancouver neighbourhood has to offer.
Join Mike’s Presale Condos VIP List! Be first to hear about new Presales and Gain Access to VIP Openings and Special Promotions
"*" indicates required fields
Your Privacy is important to us. View our Privacy & Data Collection Policy.
Pricing for The Charles
Register now. Sign up to my VIP list above for priority access to The Charles updates.
Floor Plans for The Charles
Choose from a selection of five floorplans with a mix of 2-bedroom + den and 3-bedroom + den + flex layouts. Interiors range from 893 – 1,537 sq ft. Porches and balconies offer private outdoor living space.
Contact me today to discuss availability and plans according to your needs.
The Charles Interiors
Functional & Stylish Living
- Professionally curated interior designs created by the talented team at Design Living Interiors
- Add your own personal style with the choice of two unique colour schemes: Kensington Grey or Kensington Classic
- Engineered hardwood flooring throughout main floor that’s not only incredibly durable but equally stylish
- Cozy carpeting on the upper floors
- All windows feature modern shades that let the light in, but also provide privacy when needed
- A mix of perfectly placed light fixtures to create ambiance throughout the homes
Warm & Inviting Kitchens
- Open concept kitchens that perfectly blend style and function through chic yet durable materials
- Timeless cabinetry in a warm and inviting colour palette
- Quartz countertops carried onto backsplash
- State-of-the-art appliance package including:
- Fisher & Paykel refrigerator
- Fisher & Paykel ceramic range stove
- Blomberg dishwasher
- Panasonic microwave
Bathrooms That Welcome Relaxation
- Crisp and clean lines with high-end finishes set the scene for pampering and relaxation
- Sophisticated cabinetry with your choice of colour scheme
- Porcelain tile flooring with exceptional durability and easy cleaning
- Finished with thoughtful touches like soft-close toilets
Amenities at The Charles
A shared courtyard and lush landscaping throughout create a welcoming community atmosphere.
Parking and Storage
Each home comes with one parking stall in an underground parkade with a rough-in for an EV charger. Except for the “E” Plan home, units have direct access from the parkade into the basement.
Developer Team for The Charles
Combining decades of experience and industry-leading talent, Medallion Homes and Hawthorne Developments are bringing The Charles to the vibrant neighbourhood of Cedar Cottage.
Medallion Homes has been building high-quality homes in East Vancouver for the past decade, while Hawthorne Developments has built homes in the prestigious areas of Shaughnessy and West Vancouver for over 25 years. With a shared passion for delivering unparalleled quality homes, Medallion Homes and Hawthorne Developments are an ideal partnership. Both companies have procured and cultivated a team of experts to make their clients’ visions become a perfect reality.
Cornerstone Architecture is a Vancouver-based architectural firm founded in 1983 with broad experience in a range of building types for both public and private clients. They bring to these projects a commitment to meet client objectives in a consultative manner based on a high quality of design and on sound environmental, technical, and financial understanding. Cornerstone Architecture is the foremost firm in Canada designing Passive House standard multi-unit residential projects, such as Eternity, Evolv35 and Skagen.
Design Living Interiors is a full-service interior design firm specializing in bespoke spaces that meet your needs, complement your style, and enhance your everyday living experience. Underpinning all of their designs is the strong belief that a home influences the way you live and as such needs to be both functional and beautiful. They’ve been tapped to create stunning interior spaces at The Charles that do just that – perfectly blending effortless function with timeless beauty.
Expected Completion for The Charles
Are you interested in learning more about other homes in Grandview-Woodland, Kensington-Cedar Cottage, or Renfrew-Collingwood?
Check out Format, Knight 18, The Cut, and these great East Vancouver Presales!