Hiring a First Time Home Buyer Specialist in Vancouver
In Episode 2 of the Vancouver First Time Home Buyers Guide we talked about how to figure out where to buy. Once you have decided on neighbourhood, it’s time to select a Realtor.
How Much Will it Cost Me to Hire a Buyers Agent?
Nothing!? Yes, 9 times out of 10, a Buyers Agent is paid a finders fee by the Sellers Agent if the Buyer that is working with the Buyers Agent purchases the Sellers Agents listed property!
Furthermore, the Buyers Agent you hire is REQUIRED to disclose to you the Buyer in writing the amount they are getting paid by the Sellers Agent. To learn more, check out this great video on Buyers Agent Remuneration Disclosure
Looking for a Vancouver Buyers Agent? We Can Help!
My team of First Time Home Buyer specialists are focused on all neighbourhoods in the City of Vancouver and are available to help you with your search for your First Home in Vancouver. Call 604-763-3136 or Email me to set a time to discuss your needs.
Are you a First Time Home Buyer?
Fill out the form below for Mike's First Time Home Tips newsletter list.
Are you a realtor? Click here
Meeting a Realtor in action is very good way to interview. Visit an Open House held by Realtors you’re interested in is a great low pressure way to meet them and see if you click. Ask lots of questions!
This is what you should be looking for in a Realtor:
- Demonstrable Local Knowledge, experience, and results (i.e. Sales of Listings in the area)
- Professional – Complete Honesty, Integrity, and Reliability.
- Good Attitude – Answers calls and emails promptly & politely, has a good relationship with other Realtors and other colleagues
- Good Reputation – If you Google them or ask people in the know and bad things are said about the person you’re thinking of hiring, think again.
- Motivated – They should be keen for your business and work hard for it.
- Up to date web based research tools for Real Estate
- Works full time as a Realtor in the area of interest
Looking for a Realtor outside the City of Vancouver?
If you don’t find a Realtor with the above process or you don’t have time to find one, feel free to give me a call at 604-763-3136 or EMAIL ME.
I have a great network of good Realtors across Greater Vancouver that can help you with your search.
Check out the next Video!
I welcome your questions and thoughts in the form of a comment down below!