167 Island Highway, Victoria
The Grand and Fir by GT Mann Contracting at a Glance
- Grand and Fir is located at Island Highway & Woodbine Court in View Royal
- 5-storey woodframe building
- 82 condominiums
- next to Four Mile Brewpub & Portage Park
- near E&N Rail Trail
- 4-minute walk to Thetis Cove beach
- 3-minute bike ride to Admirals Walk Shopping Centre
- 7-minute drive to Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre
- 10-minute drive to downtown Victoria
Nature’s Next Door Neighbour
Coming soon to View Royal, The Grand and Fir is a new residential low rise from GT Mann Contracting.
It consists of five storeys of condominiums built over one level of parking for 82 bicycles and 92 vehicles.
An amenity pavilion with covered seating and fireplace will be available for use by residents.
The building presents a contemporary West Coast exterior with tan-coloured cast resin brick, white board and batten siding, white fibre cement panels, and metal soffits with a faux cedar finish.
The 82 homes range from 393 – 1,131 sq ft, with 15 different floorplans offering a choice from compact junior 1-bedroom layouts to 3-bedroom suites.
Interiors are finished in a choice of two designer colour palettes with Venice Grande vinyl flooring, KitchenAid or Whirlpool appliances, Slimline Shaker cabinetry, quartz countertops, American Standard dual-flush toilets, and Moen plumbing fixtures.
View Royal is a tranquil residential neighbourhood of mostly single-family homes situated between Esquimalt and Langford.
The Grand and Fir is located between the historic Four Mile Brewpub and Portage Park, with its large playground and forested trails that lead to a secluded beach at Thetis Cove.
For families, View Royal Preschool, Island Kids Academy, View Royal Elementary School, and Shoreline Community Middle School are within easy walking or cycling distance.
Nearby View Royal Square has dentists, doctors, clinics, and a pharmacy — convenient for downsizers.
Next door, runs the E&N Rail Trail. It’s a car-free, multi-use pathway that extends to Vic West with connections to downtown Victoria.
A 3-minute bike ridge along the E&N takes you to Admirals Walk Shopping Centre where you’ll find a Thrifty Foods, financial services, Canada Post, veterinary, and a Bosley’s pet store.
For year-round fitness, the Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre features an ice rink, indoor pool, BMX track, golf course, tennis & vollyball courts, and sports fields.
Pricing for The Grand and Fir
Starting from $429,900. Sign up to my VIP list above for priority access to The Grand and Fir updates.
Floor Plans for The Grand and Fir
The Grand and Fir features 82 homes in an array of 15 different floorplans:
- 20 x junior 1-bedroom from 393 – 472 sq ft
- 16 x 1-bedroom from 548 – 599 sq ft
- 27 x 1-bedroom + flex from 572 – 710 sq ft
- 12 x 2-bedroom from 823 – 1,103 sq ft
- 4 x 979-sq-ft 2-bedroom + flex
- 3 x 1,131-sq-ft 3-bedroom
Contact me today to discuss availability, plans, and upgrades according to your needs.
The Grand and Fir Interiors
- Choice of two designer colour schemes: Fir or Grand
- Venice Grande vinyl flooring
- Signature Brushed engineered hardwood ETM flooring (upgrade)
- Kuzco Akari Pendant black or brushed nickel dining room pendant lighting (upgrade)
- Whirlpool 5.0 cu.ft closet-depth, front-load washer
- Whirlpool 7.4 front-load heat pump dryer
- Nest thermostat
- Eco-friendly smart lighting
- Taymor Bergen matte black lever door handles
- Slimline Shaker or M+J Geneva slab 3D laminate cabinetry
- Richelieu brushed black hardware
- Silestone quartz countertops with Julian Tile porcelain backsplash
- Pearl Hana double stainless steel sink
- Moen Align matte black faucet
- Kuzco Cradle black or white pendant lighting
- Junior 1-bedroom appliances:
- Whirlpool 24” wide bottom-freezer refrigerator
- Whirlpool 24” freestanding electric range with upswept spillguard cooktop
- Frigidaire 24” over-the-range microwave
- Whirlpool small-space compact dishwasher with stainless steel tub
- Standard appliances:
- Kitchenaid 20 cu. ft. 36-inch width counter-depth French door refrigerator with interior dispense
- Kitchenaid 30” 5-element electric slide-in convection range
- Kitchenaid 1000-watt low profile microwave hood combination
- Kitchenaid 44 dba dishwasher in printshield finish with freeflex third rack
- Penthous appliances:
- Fisher & Paykel 16.8cu ft, integrated french door refrigerator with ice maker
- Fisher & Paykel 30” combination steam oven
- Fisher & Paykel 36” 5-zone induction cooktop
- Fisher & Paykel 36” wall chimney box range hood
- Fisher & Paykel 24” integrated dishwasher
- Slimline Shaker or M+J Geneva slab 3D laminate cabinetry
- Richelieu matte black hardware
- Julian Tile 12″ x 24″ Studio Collection porcelain floor tile
- Caesarstone quartz countertop with Julian Tile porcelain backsplash
- Euro Tile 12” x 36” white shower wall tile
- M+J Slimline Shaker 3D laminate en suite vanity
- Kuzco Jane matte black sconce lighting
- American Standard Studio Suite dual-flush elongated toilet
- American Standard Studio undermount sink
- Victoria + Albert Rossendale undermount sink (upgrade)
- Clear glass frameless shower enclosure
- Moen chrome or matte black plumbing fixtures
Amenities at The Grand and Fir View Royal
Residents will have use of a pavilion that includes covered seating area, fireplace, and green roof.
There is also a pathway at the rear of the property to directly connect with Portage Park next door.
Parking and Storage
One level of underground parking will provide secure storage for kayaks and 82 bicycles, and stalls for 92 vehicles, including 1 accessible space.
Electric vehicle charging is available for every parking stall in the parkade.
Nine uncovered surface visitor parking stalls and 1 loading/drop-off space are located in front of the building.
Residents will also have access to 7 shared e-bikes and Modo share vehicles.
A short-term rack for 6 visitor bicycles is located in front of the lobby entrance.
Maintenance Fees at The Grand and Fir
Estimated at $0.50 per sq ft per month.
Developer Team for The Grand and Fir
GT Mann Contracting
GT Mann Contracting is a Victoria company founded by third-generation building industry professionals, brothers Graeme and Trevor Mann.
The award-winning firm has built its reputation on the design and construction of exceptional, quality homes on southern Vancouver Island.
Trevor and Graeme believe that creating a home you will be proud of begins with building relationships.
Bringing to their craft not only knowledge and experience, but also a commitment to customer care and unsurpassed attention to detail, they strive to surpass all of your building expectations.
Urban West Architecture
Led by Justin Bennett, Urban West Architecture is a young, design-focused architecture firm with offices in Vancouver and Victoria.
UWA constantly look for opportunities to innovate in the areas of environmental design and construction, including cross-laminated timber and Passive House.
Current work spans a variety of project types including custom single-family residences, duplexes, condominiums, commercial buildings, and renovations.
The studio has projects located throughout the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, and Whistler.
Spaciz Design Company
Since 1993, Spaciz Design Company has offered a highly experienced, award-winning design and drafting team who drive their efforts towards distinctive, non-predictable design for our vast array of commercial and residential clientele.
From paint consultations to complete home design, SDC tackles it all.
A relaxed atmosphere and honest business practices offer clients a professional, enthusiastic, and positive design experience.
Spaciz serves the Victoria, Vancouver Island, Vancouver, and Seattle markets.
Expected Completion for The Grand and Fir
December 2025 – April 2026.
Are you interested in learning more about other homes in Colwood, View Royal, or Esquimalt?
In This Location
With These Tags
New homes in BC are covered by warranty… Read more