At a Glance
- located at Spires Road & Cook Gate
- five 3- & 4-storey buildings
- 36 townhomes
- 7-minute walk to Garden City Community Park
- 8 minutes from Richmond Public Market
- 800m to Richmond–Brighouse Station
- 10-minute walk to CF Richmond Centre shopping
- 7-minute bike ride to Minoru Park & Richmond Tennis Club
- 13-minute drive to the McArthurGlen Designer Outlet
A Modern Classic Reinvented
Coming soon to Richmond Centre, Aviary is a collection of 36 Tudor-inspired townhomes by local developer, Tera Development. It consists of five 3- & 4-storey woodframe buildings over a single level parking podium for 62 vehicles and 45 bicycles. Dwelling sizes range from 698 – 1,724 sq ft with a selection of 2- to 4-bedroom floor plans. There are 27 three-level, three single-level, three Basic Universal Housing, and three four-level units — the latter with lockoff suites. All homes will have private outdoor areas at ground level, on top of the podium, or on the top floor facing the courtyard. Resident amenities include a multi-function room with a kitchen and patio, an artificial turf putting green, and two children’s play areas.
Ideally situated for families, Aviary is within 2 kilometres of William Cook Elementary School, Richmond Secondary School, and Kwantlen Polytechnic University. Take care of all your household shopping needs at CF Richmond Centre — a mere 10-minute walk away. Nearby Garden City Community Park offers all-ages amenities, including gardens and walkways, picnic areas, an off-leash dog run, tennis courts, and a BMX bike park. Less than 10 minutes by bike, make use of the sports fields, ice rink, aquatic centre, art gallery, and public library at Minoru Park. Most daily trips can be made by walking, cycling, or transit. For car-free connections to YVR and events in downtown Vancouver, Richmond–Brighouse Station is only 800m away.
Pricing for Aviary
Register today. Sign up to my VIP list above for priority access to Aviary updates.
Floor Plans for Aviary
With 698 – 1,724 sq ft of interior space, layouts consist of three single-level , three Basic Universal Housing , 27 three-level, and three four-level units. The latter each have a secondary suite that ranges from 363 – 388 sq ft. Floorplans offer the following unit mix:
- 6 x 2-bedroom
- 23 x 3-bedroom
- 1 x 3-bedroom + lockoff
- 4 x 4-bedroom
- 2 x 4-bedroom + lockoff
Contact me today to discuss availability and plans according to your needs.
- Over-height 9’ ceilings throughout main floor for an airy, open living environment
- Two colour schemes available — Cool and Warm
- Sleek and modern roller shades provide ease of light control
- Full-size stacking LG front loading Energy Star washer & dryer
- Heat pump and air conditioning for extended comfort
- Large double glazed low E window with thermal and acoustic engineering deliver energy savings
- Greenguard Gold certified wide-plank laminate flooring throughout main living areas
- Lush wool-blend carpet on stairs, bedrooms and upper hallways
- Specially crafted pony wall feature in select primary bedrooms
- Smart entry lock and doorbell synchronized to Samsung Family Hub refrigerator screen (select homes)
- Samsung Family Hub smart refrigerator with touchscreen
- Chef-inspired kitchen includes Bosch five-burner gas cooktop, with wall mounted oven, and dishwasher
- 1.8 GPM swing arm pot filler
- Modern quartz countertop and custom designer porcelain tiled backsplash
- Kohler Task workstation single bowl sink with customized accessories
- Integrated high-power 600 CFM Faber hood fans
- Custom inset cabinet doors with soft-close create a clean and contemporary look
- An open shelf with exposed frame for added functionality and design intention
- Select homes feature expansive kitchen island with cantilevered quartz stone countertops
- Under-cabinet solo-task LED lighting
- Trend-forward matte black fixtures and hardware that add an unique design touch
- All second bathrooms feature bathtubs
- Double Kohler en suite sinks with Corian solid surface countertop
- Full-wall designer terrazzo tiles with matching floor tiles in en suite
- Spa-inspired en suite rain shower and frameless enclosure
Amenities at Aviary
Residents will have shared use of a multi-function room in Building 2 on Level 1 that includes a full kitchen, an island, and an adjacent patio. Outdoor amenities include a courtyard, two children’s play areas, and an artificial turf putting green.
Parking and Storage
A single-level, ground floor garage will provide storage for 45 bicycles and parking spaces for 62 vehicles, of which 8 are for visitors and 5 accessible. Eighteen of the resident parking stalls have a tandem arrangement. Short-term racks for 8 bicycles will be located in front of the lobby entry and at the corner of Spires Road and Cook Gate.
Developer Team for Aviary
Tera Development is a Richmond-based real estate development and management company that was established in 2018. Tera brings together a group experienced real estate professionals whose craft is creating spaces that convey their values — homes that are defined by family, wellness, and balance.
In over twenty years of practice, Formwerks Architectural has developed a reputation for sensitive, user-friendly architecture. This has been achieved by carefully listening to clients and translating their wishes and needs into architecture that embodies their functional requirements within an artistic building form. Their buildings reflect a public mood for comfort and tradition without the cold and austere qualities found in much of today’s architectural mainstream. Their portfolio includes Elina on Eighth, Spires Gate, Toppen Ridge, and Yukon Residences.
Studio Kardum is a Vancouver-based, full-service design studio. Their design team works with real-estate development, corporate, hospitality, and private clients. Clients are engaged in a friendly and collaborative process with a considerate and thoughtful design approach. Studio Kardum’s work is informed by how they respond to clients, a given project, and the environment.
Expected Completion for Aviary
Are you interested in learning more about other homes in Bridgeport, City Centre, or West Cambie?