Komo at a Glance
What types of homes does Komo offer?
A mix of 1- to 3-bedroom condos and townhomes.
Who is the developer of Komo?
How far is Komo from SkyTrain?
Only 300 metres away.
The Air of Serenity
Introducing Komo, a new project by Strand Development, located in the Oakdale neighborhood of West Coquitlam at Tyndall Street and Como Lake Avenue. This residential community consists of a 29-storey concrete condominium tower and a 6-storey woodframe apartment building, providing a diverse range of housing options. Komo offers 246 condominiums and four townhomes, catering to various needs and lifestyles. The floorplans range from 429 to 994 sq ft, featuring one to three bedrooms. Notably, 24 one-bedroom + den and 24 two-bedroom suites are adaptable, ensuring accessibility for homeowners. The 2-storey, 2-bedroom townhomes face Tyndall Street, each offering private entries and patios. Komo also provides residents with over 13,000 sq ft of amenities, including a ground-level lounge with an outdoor patio, a fitness centre, a yoga room, and a co-working space on the third floor. The rooftop features Strand’s signature Sky Spa, along with a social lounge and an outdoor dining area.
Situated just a 5-minute walk from Burquitlam Station, Komo residents will enjoy convenient access to Metro Vancouver distinations via rapid transit. The City of Lougheed shopping centre is only a 12-minute SkyTrain ride away, providing a diverse range of shopping options. For neighbourhood shopping options, Safeway, Bosley’s, and Dollarama are just 300 metres away at Burquitlam Plaza. The new Bettie Allard YMCA community centre, currently under construction, will offer an impressive array of amenities, including an indoor pool, fitness centre, gym, multi-purpose space, child minding, and a family development centre. Simon Fraser University is a mere 8-minute drive, making it easily accessible for students or staff. Additionally, residents can enjoy the proximity of Rocky Point Park, just 10 minutes away, where they can participate in community events, engage in Burrard Inlet watersports, or take a leisurely stroll along the Shoreline Trail.
Strand’s Oakdale Collection is a master vision taking root in the heart of West Coquitlam. Building on the success of The Oaks and Alina, Strand is dedicated to continuing their legacy of shaping this flourishing neighbourhood by providing meticulously-planned homes. With Komo and an additional community on the horizon, Strand remains steadfast in its commitment to the endless potential and bright future that West Coquitlam offers.
What is the Pricing for Komo?
Register today. Sign up to my VIP list above for priority access to Komo updates.
What Floor Plans are offered for Komo?
Ranging from 429 – 921 sq ft, Komo will offer a variety of strata floorplans, including 48 adaptable layouts (24 one-bedroom + den and 24 two-bedroom), with the following unit mix:
- 48 x 1-bedroom from 429 – 451 sq ft
- 74 x 1-bedroom + den from 500 – 534 sq ft
- 24 x 2-bedroom from 734 – 735 sq ft
- 76 x 2-bedroom + den from 769 – 887 sq ft
- 24 x 921-sq-ft 3-bedroom
- 4 x 2-bedroom townhouses
Contact me today to discuss availability, plans, and purchase incentives according to your needs.
What will Komo Interiors look like?
- A selection of two designer colour palettes
- Airy over-height 9’ ceilings
- High-quality laminate wood flooring throughout your home
- Effortless roller-shade window coverings in living, dining, and bedrooms
- Laundry closet with porcelain flooring and Samsung washer and dryer
- Air conditioning and heating delivered by a centralized energy-efficient variable refrigerant flow (VRF) system
- Hard-wired smoke and CO2 detectors
- Expansive balconies for all suites to maximize indoor-outdoor living
- Refined wood-grain laminate kitchen cabinetry with recessed LED strip under-cabinet lighting
- Premium soft-close doors, Magic Corner storage system, and below-sink recycling centre
- Polished quartz stone countertops and stacked porcelain backsplash
- Brushed nickel Kohler faucet with pull-down head and stainless steel under-mount sink
- Sleek AEG under-cabinet hood fan with integrated lighting
- Integrated 24” Panasonic microwave
- Integrated Bosch appliance packages including:
- Fridge and bottom-mount freezer with integrated panelling
- Dishwasher with integrated panel
- 5 burner gas cooktop
- Built-in wall oven
- 24” package for 1BR
- 30” package with 24” dishwasher for 2BR+
- Custom wood-grain laminate medicine cabinet with integrated lighting and soft-close doors
- Mirror with shelf and recessed LED strip lighting
- Under-sink drawers for additional storage
- Beautiful quartz stone countertop and backsplash
- Kohler under-mount sink with brushed nickel Kohler Elate faucet
- Kohler energy-efficient toilet with quiet-close seat
- Soaking tub with spout, shower faucet and pressure-balancing valve
- Porcelain tile flooring and tub/shower surround Spacious walk-in en suite shower with luxurious glass enclosure Brushed nickel Kohler rainfall en suite shower with hand-held sliding shower head
What are the Amenities at Komo?
Indoor amenities are located on levels 1, 3, and 29. They include a ground-level lounge and on the third floor, a fitness centre, yoga room, and a co-working space with workpods and a kitchenette. On the rooftop is a signature Sky Spa that features hot & cold plunge pools, a social lounge with an outdoor patio, a steam room and sauna, meditation room, and a tea/water lounge. A landscaped courtyard between the condo tower and apartment building offers residents use of a seating area with fire table, children’s play space, a bocce court, putting green, an outdoor dining area, and a dog run.
Are Parking and Storage available?
Five levels of underground parking will shared between the condominium tower and the mid-rise apartment. The parkade will accommodate 395 vehicles, of which 54 are for visitors. All resident parking spaces will have electric vehicle charging capability. There will also be storage space for 443 bicycles, a bicycle repair room, car wash area, and a dog wash station. One storage locker is included with all 2-bed & 3-bed homes. For 1-bed & 1-bed + den units, one storage locker can be purchased for$3,000.
What are the Maintenance Fees at Komo?
$0.64 per sq ft per month.
Who is the Developer Team for Komo?
Strand Development is a Vancouver-based finance, development, and investment company that is active across North America. Strand has established a track record of success over its more than 40 years in markets across the continent. Founded in 1976, Strand’s story is one underpinned by consistent achievement in development and real estate investment. To date, Strand has delivered a portfolio valued at more than $10.2 billion, representing more than 23,000 homes of every type. Projects include Alina, The Oaks, and The Thurlow.
Located in Vancouver, Ciccozzi Architecture is an award-winning, full-service architecture firm specializing in residential and commercial design. At the heart of Ciccozzi’s identity is a carefully-honed design process — one that promotes co-operation, interactivity, and highly-personalized service for every client. The practice of architecture is where art and technology intersect. Ciccozzi strongly believes that the best design comes not from a predetermined aesthetic, but rather reveals itself through a process of discovery. Previous projects featured here include Kira, Latimer Heights, Provenance, and Soleil.
Ste. Marie Studio is an internationally-engaged, Vancouver-based design studio founded by Craig Stanghetta. The visionary interior design studio is behind some the city’s most beloved cultural experiences such as Osterio Savio Volpe and Kissa Tanto. By developing visionary concepts that unite every department and discipline, they help developers, owners, and asset managers compete at the top level, mitigate risk, and deliver high-performing legacy projects. Past projects include Assembly Strathcona, Raphael, and Format.
When is the expected Completion for Komo?
Are you interested in learning more about other homes in West Coquitlam, Coquitlam Centre, or Burke Mountain?
Check out Alina, Gardena, Arcadia, and these great Coquitlam Presales!